Your pet is more than a companion for you. He or she is a beloved member of your family. When it comes to caring for your furry friend, there isn’t an expense too grand for your budget. You want your dog or cat to live a long, healthy, and happy life by your side and go to great lengths to make sure that happens.
Here are five ways to take charge of your pet’s health and overall well-being:
- Schedule regular appointments with their veterinarian. Regular screenings and preventative care are the best defense against illness and disease. Establishing a good, communicative relationship with your pet’s vet is key to their survival. You want to choose a professional that genuinely cares about your dog or cat. Keep your vet’s phone number in a high traffic area of the home so everyone sees it and uses it whenever there is an issue with your pet.
- Monitor their health daily with a convenient smartphone app. Petrics makes it easy for you to prevent obesity and GDV health, and keep track of your pet’s unique health needs to increase longevity and overall happiness. You’ll experience greater ease knowing what’s going on with your dog or cat so that you’re able to live a long life together.
- Keep tabs on how much they’re eating each day as well as which animal gets what food. If your pets are on special diets, it can be hard to keep track of who gets what. Fortunately, the Petrics app helps keep things straight. You won’t overfeed or give the wrong food to your pets because you’ll be able to monitor information from your smartphone.
- Make sure they get enough exercise. Like humans, dogs and cats need regular physical activity for good health. If you don’t want them to gain weight fast, become lethargic because of the pressure they have on their joints, and develop a myriad of health issues, you’ll make time for them to run and play. You can put your dog on a leash and take him or her for a walk while getting your own workout in. An assortment of tunnels, trees, and toys encourages cats to run, jump, pounce, and stay active.
- Give them the time and attention that they deserve. Animals require love and lots of it. No matter how busy your schedule may be, make sure to set aside time for your pets. Make them a priority by playing with them, taking them outdoors, introducing them to other pets in the neighborhood, petting them, and giving them hugs. Animals are responsive to the attention they receive. They’ll be your loyal companion daily no matter what goes on in your life. Keeping them healthy so they can live a long, happy life takes effort but the payoff is so rewarding.
Take charge of your pet’s health and overall well-being. With Petrics, you can! Sign up to receive notice when our campaign goes live. You’ll be the first in line to receive important information about caring for and feeding the multiple pets you have in your home.